Quantcast

Mar 2, 2012

2012 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge

Usually, I pick my books at random based on what I've seen on other blogs, GoodReads, etc... I've never challenged myself based on a list that someone else created because reading is the one thing I have complete control over.. However, Reading With Tequila's list looks pretty enticing, so I think I'll give it a shot... 




 The Top 25 
  1.  The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 
  2. Divergent by Veroncia Roth 
  3. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen 
  4. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins 
  5. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare 
  6. Graceling by Kristin Cashore 
  7. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare 
  8. The Stand by Stephen King 
  9. Delirium by Lauren Oliver 
  10. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling 
  11. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak 
  12. Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini 
  13. The Name Of The Rose by Umberto Eco 
  14. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon 
  15. The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal 
  16. The Last Unicorn by Peter Beagle 
  17. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte 
  18. Enclave by Ann Aguirre 
  19. Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson 
  20. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead 
  21. Poison Study by Maria V.Snyder 
  22. The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
  23. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Steifvater 
  24. Dark Lover by J.R. Ward 
  25. The Maze Runner by James Dashner

So, there are different levels to this challenge, giving the reader the option to read as little or as many books from the list as they'd like :

The Levels:
Level I - Read 5 books from the 2011 Book Blogger Recommendation List
Level II - Read 10 books
Level III - Read 15 books
Level IV - Read 20 books
Level V - Read 20+ books

And the Rules are simple:

The Rules:
  • Challenge will run January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012. Participants can join anytime throughout the challenge.
  • Create an intro post, linking back to this post. 
  • Sign up with the MckLinky below. Please link to your challenge intro post, not your blog home page. 
  • Chose your own books from the list. You can decide to read books only on the Top 25 list or from the entire recommendation list. You do not have to make a list of books before the challenge begins.
  • All forms of books acceptable (audiobooks, eBooks, etc.)
  • Rereads do not count towards the completion of the challenge. The challenge is about discovering books that are new to you.
  • You don't need a blog to participate.
  • Reviews, while always appreciated, are not mandatory.

I think I'll try Level III...  I've read quite  few of the books on there already, but most of them have been waiting patiently on my TBR list... If you want to sign up, check out Reading With Tequila's post here.

Happy Reading Everyone :)

~Keely~

3 comments:

  1. I have The Hunger Games on my TBR list!!!

    Here's mine:
    http://junkboattravels.blogspot.com/2012/03/friday-finds-books.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it! I couldn't put it down!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!